If you are not currently a BAKR member, you will have to complete the steps below before using our facility.
- Set up an appointment to discuss your business needs and find out which rate package works best for you.
- Every individual or group interested in operating at BAKR must be a separate business entity. You are responsible for acquiring all necessary permits from the county, city, and/or state regarding food safety, licensing, taxes, etc, based on your business needs. Most common are:
- Business Tax License - You are required to have a business license for every city in which you are retailing/wholesaling. BAKR requires proof of at least one of these licenses.
- Health Permit - You are required to have a health permit–either county or state.
- BAKR requires proof of at least one of these permits and you will be required to list BAKR as your commercial kitchen/food truck commissary on your application.
- Every BAKR member must attain $1M liability insurance with BAKR listed as additional insured.
- Every one of your staff members must also retain a Food Handler’s Card with at least one member getting a Manager’s Certificate.
At Bay Area Kitchen Rental, we offer various rental rate packages that will cater to your business needs. Once a rate package is selected, contracts will be signed and you will become a BAKR member.
- 10 hours per month – $36/hr
- 20 hours per month – $24/hr
- 40 hours per month – $18/hr
- Month to month payments – $610/mo
Every client will be required to pay a deposit prior to using the facility. Your deposit will be equivalent to the total of your monthly rate package.
- Our facility has cooler, freezer and dry storage space available for rent monthly.
- Office and warehouse space is also available for rent. If you are interested, please contact BAKR management to discuss.